Fifteen percent (15%) of funds generated by the one-tenth of one percent (0.1%) sales and use tax levied within Washington County effective April 1, 2015 to fund Recreational, Arts, and Parks (the “RAP Tax”) have been designated by the County Commission for support of cultural activities. The County Commission has established a RAP Advisory Board to oversee the process of receiving applications for funding and making recommendations to the County Commission for approval of disbursements from these funds. These Guidelines have been approved by the County Commission for use by the RAP Advisory Board to administer the funding of cultural organizations throughout the county via the RAP Tax.
|Types of Activities:||Art, music, theater, dance, cultural arts, or natural history|
|Types of Organizations:||Either non-profit organizations/institutions having as their primary purpose the advancement and preservation of the types of activities listed above, or a Municipal or County Cultural Council having as its primary purpose the coordination of the county or respective municipalities’ efforts to advance and/or preserve the types of activities listed above.
Non-profit organizations/institutions must submit a copy of the IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) status or similar IRS letter for whatever entity is serving as their financial sponsor for the purposes of qualifying for 501(c)(3) status.
A Municipal or County Cultural Council must be created by Washington County, or a municipality located within Washington County, and must provide documentation from the County or respective municipality of their cultural council status.
|Uses of Funds:||RAP funds may be requested for either operating expenses or capital projects. Funds may be requested for either specific standalone projects or supplements to the organization’s annual operating budget.|
|Guidelines/Application Available Online:||Mid-July 2023|
|Deadline for submission of funding requests:||Friday, September 30, 2023 12:00 Noon|
|Deadline for Grant Reports from 2023 cycle:||Friday, November 17, 2023 12:00 Noon|
|County Commission Authorization to Fund Approved Projects:||February, 2024|
|Disbursement of Funds for Approved Projects:||Projected Early-March of 2024 subject to funds’ availability (or sooner)|
Information about your organization
- Are you a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) or other organization that qualifies for grant funding?
- Do your organization’s activities qualify for funding?
- How is your organization managed? Are you new and just starting out? Do you have a board?
- You will need to share your organization’s financial history.
- What are your funding sources? How much volunteer hours do you depend on?
- If this is not your first year of funding, has your organization provided a Grant Report From the previous year?
Information about your presentations and/or events
- How many paid performances or exhibits will your organization provide?
- Will you offer any free events?
- How many people will attend?
- Do you offer discounts to diverse groups?
- Will you collaborate with any other Washington County arts and culture organizations?
- Will you provide educational or other opportunities for learning?
Information about how your organization will benefit Washington County
- What is the artistic or cultural merit of your organization? How will your organization contribute to artistic/cultural development within Washington County?
- How will your organization contribute to overall Washington County growth and economic development?
- How will your organization enable a demonstrable incremental increase to recurring offerings as opposed to helping fund already existing offerings?
- How will your organization recognize and promote RAP funding received?
- Generally, funding applications that are submitted completely and clearly with all required information provided will be given priority consideration. This includes the Financial Budget Worksheet and the prior year’s Grant Report Form.
Glenn Webb, Vice-Chair
Download and complete the following PDFs as clearly and concisely as possible:
Attach the files along with supporting material in an email to Jayanne Lewis (Send a Message) or print out and deliver hard copies in person to:
Jayanne Lewis Deputy County Clerk 111 East Tabernacle Street St. George, UT 84770 (Google Maps) (435) 301-7000 Send a Message
Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2023 12:00 Noon
Credit must be given to Washington County Recreation, Arts & Parks (RAP Tax) in brochures, news releases, programs, publications, banners, other printed materials and internet/web page recognition.
Grantees must use the RAP logo. Narrative or audio credit may be used as follows: “This project is supported in part by Washington County Recreation, Arts & Parks (RAP Tax)”. Failure to credit the RAP Tax could result in ineligibility for future funding.
Download the logo here. (Created and designed by Michelle Clements)
All organizations who receive funding must submit a completed Grant Report Form. Please return or mail to the following:
Washington County RAP Advisory Board c/o Jayanne Lewis Deputy County Clerk 111 East Tabernacle Street St. George, UT 84770 (Google Maps)
Forms must be mailed or delivered prior to Friday, November 17, 2023 12:00 Noon. If a grant report form is not submitted the organization will not be eligible to apply to receive further funding.